Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Another Awkward Miracle

My mom was approved for Medicaid and starts treatment next week. 

She is embarrassed and ashamed that she is getting public assistance, but is relieved that she'a getting the medication she needs. 

Personally, I couldn't care less about being embarrassed. When she and my dad divorced, she pretty much got nothing. No retirement, no nest egg, nothing. 

I look at this as an "it's about damn time something good happened for her."

And I pray that it works.

3 comments:

  1. Public assistance is certainly better than dying due to lack of any medical care.

    I'm so glad for your miracles.

    Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Accepting public assistance is not shameful. What is shameful is that divorce leaves so many women economically insecure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope y'all are surviving and thriving. i miss your writing.

    ReplyDelete

If you are an adoptive parent or have one in your family somewhere, talk to me. I could use some insanity that does NOT call me mom!!