Thursday, July 22, 2010

Writer's Workshop: My Personal Heaven

Sometimes you find heaven in odd places.
I find my heaven looking for smooth, flat stones along the shore.
Heaven is looking at the messages left behind by those
who have passed before me,
who were happy. And in love.


For some people, heaven is a beach in the hot sun.
For others, it's a cool day on a beach.
For some, it's not even the beach at all.

I don't understand those people.
Not one bit.

For me, heaven is where land and water intersect.
Whether it's the ocean or a river or a lake,
heaven is watching the water tickle the land.



And watching the sun's gentle kisses
touch the face of the water.

 
 

And say good-night to another beautiful day.







Welcome to my Heaven.
Lake Michigan.
Near Mackinaw City, MI, USA.

Mama's Losin' It

3 comments:

  1. Well I am a parent, although not an adoptive one. But I did the writing workshop. That was a lovely post, very visually pleasing photos. Thanks for sharing that experience...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous pictures. And I adore beaches too. I can't wrap my mind around the fact that my wife hates sand. LOL So usually it is the kids and I that do beach things. I am jealous of those beautiful smooth stones. We didn't find enough for KC's carnival tomorrow (rock painting is on his list of things to do with his friend) and I had to BUY some. There is something so wrong about buying a rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words to accompany gorgeous pictures. Loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you are an adoptive parent or have one in your family somewhere, talk to me. I could use some insanity that does NOT call me mom!!