Wednesday, May 12, 2010

How am I supposed to concentrate when...

... I haven't told my mom I'm pregnant?

... my brother's murder trial started today?

... my boyfriend dumped me after I finally told him I'd been raped at a party two weeks ago?

... I found out that my mom was serious about not paying for anything for me after I turned 18?

... my biological father just emailed me pictures of my sister and two brothers. I didn't know I had two brothers?

... my dad kicked me out because I'm gay?

... my ex-boyfriend got into a gang fight today with the guy I'm talking to now?

... I have no idea how I'm going to pay for college?

... I found out this morning that the army is moving my family clear across the country. In two weeks?  And I'm supposed to graduate in three weeks?

... I have to work 3-11 Monday through Friday to help pay rent?

These brief glimpses into modern day, urban school teenage angst brought to you courtesy of my juniors and seniors.

Until we fix all of society's ills, we'll never be able to educate everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are an adoptive parent or have one in your family somewhere, talk to me. I could use some insanity that does NOT call me mom!!